NAC is currently seeking a Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor to join its Specialized Family Foster Care Program.
· Title: Specialized Family Foster Care Social Worker/ Mental Health Counselor
· Position Type: Full-time
· Location: 37 W 26th St., 7th Floor | New York, NY 10010
· Program: Specialized Family Foster Care
Description of Responsibilities: Promotes the safety, well-being and permanency of children in Specialized Foster Care.
· Works collaboratively with psychiatrists, psychologists, pediatricians, nurses, education specialists and fellow clinicians in a dynamic, strength-based interdisciplinary team model.
· Prepares and participates in Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and NAC conferences and NYC Family Court proceedings.
Required Education and Experience:
· MSW or MHC from an accredited school
· Prior experience in foster care, child welfare, and/or health care preferred
· Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
· Strong engagement skills
· Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
· Proficiency in Spanish is preferred (and includes a salary differential)
How to Apply:
Please indicate Specialized Family Foster Care Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. was founded on the principle of inclusion. We strive to create and maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace at all levels. It is not enough to serve; we must strive to dismantle oppressive policies and practices. Please read our full DEIB Statement here.
Every day, NAC’s team of social workers, nurses, doctors, therapists, education specialists, van drivers, and so many more, make a lasting impact on the lives of the children and families we serve. Watch our video below to meet the youth and families whose lives have been changed because of NAC’s work.