Providing real help to ensure the stability and well-being of NAC families and children.
The Difference That Counts
12000 bags of groceries and supplies delivered to NAC families from NAC’s Food Bank during the COVID Pandemic
3125 holiday gifts donated to brighten the holidays for NAC kids
7151 books, backpacks, iPads, and school supplies donated and delivered to NAC children
What is Family Wellness at NAC?
It is hard enough caring for a child with significant medical needs, but all the more challenging when you are living in poverty and have limited resources. For many NAC families, this is their reality. That is why the food, clothing, housing advocacy, basic needs, and support NAC provides is invaluable.
Our Resources, Advocacy and Homeleness Prevention Program, Food Back, Clothing Bank, Toy Bank and other resources are available to all families enrolled in any of our main programs. Whether families need help finding accessible housing, assistance in applying for benefits, advocacy with housing court or landlord issues, or simply need help with groceries or other supplies at the end of the month, NAC is there for them.
What Services Do We Offer?
All families enrolled in NAC can access:
- Homelessness Prevention: NYCHA Support, Supportive and Accessible Housing; Vouchers; HP Actions: Rent Supplements, Rent Arrear Grants
- Housing Advocacy: Housing Court, Fair Hearings, Appeals, Landlord Issues
- Public Benefits & Resource Assistance
- Food Bank: Groceries, Cleaning Supplies, Toiletries, Diapers & Baby Items
- Clothing Bank
- Toy Bank
- Backpacks, School Supplies & Books
- Holiday Gifts
- Emergency & Medical Equipment Grants
- Referral and Advocacy Services
- IRS & Tax Support & Referral
- Summer Camp Referral and Tuition Assistance
Who is eligible for Family Wellness Services?
Families are eligible to receive Family Wellness Services through their involvement in one of NAC’s many other programs and departments. Once a family is enrolled in another NAC program, they can be referred internally for any of the Family Wellness Services offered. We cannot accept outside referrals.